Verdaccio is a lightweight private npm proxy registry built in Node.js
What's a registry
- A repository for packages that implements the CommonJS Compliant Package Registry specification for reading package info
- Provide an API compatible with npm clients (yarn/npm/pnpm)
- Follow the semantic Versioning compatible (semver)
Using verdaccio with any node package manager client is quite straightforward.
You can use a custom registry either setting globally for all your projects
npm set registry http://localhost:4873
or by command line as argument
--registry in npm (slightly different in yarn)
npm install lodash --registry http://localhost:4873
All packages that you publish are private and only accessible based in your configuration.
Verdaccio cache all dependencies by demand and speed up installations in local or private networks.
Verdaccio in a nutshell
- It's a web app based on Node.js
- It's a private npm registry
- It's a local network proxy
- It's a Pluggable application
- It's a fairly easy install and use
- We offer Docker and Kubernetes support
- It is 100% compatible with yarn, npm and pnpm
- It was forked based on
firstname.lastname@example.org 100% backward compatible.
- Verdaccio means A green color popular in late medieval Italy for fresco painting.