Verdaccio is a pluggable application. It can be extended in many ways, either new authentication methods, adding endpoints or using a custom storage.
There are 4 types of plugins:
If you are interested to develop your own plugin, read the development section.
$> npm install --global verdaccio-activedirectory
verdaccio as a sinopia fork it has backward compatibility with plugins that are compatible with
firstname.lastname@example.org. In such case the installation is the same.
$> npm install --global sinopia-memory
config.yaml file and update the
auth section as follows:
The default configuration looks like this, due we use a build-in
htpasswd plugin by default that you can disable just commenting out the following lines.
and replacing them with (in case you decide to use a
Multiple Authentication plugins
This is tecnically possible, making the plugin order important, as the credentials will be resolved in order.
This is an example how to set up a middleware plugin. All middleware plugins must be defined in the middlewares namespace.
You might follow the audit middle plugin as base example.
This is an example how to set up a storage plugin. All storage plugins must be defined in the store namespace.
Verdaccio allows to replace the User Interface with a custom one, we call it theme. By default, uses
@verdaccio/ui-theme that comes built-in, but, you can use something different installing your own plugin.
<br />$> npm install --global verdaccio-theme-dark
The plugin name prefix must start with
verdaccio-theme, otherwise the plugin won't load.
You can load only one theme at the time and pass through options if is need it.
If you are relying on any sinopia plugin, remember are deprecated and might no work in the future.
- sinopia-npm: auth plugin for sinopia supporting an npm registry.
- sinopia-memory: auth plugin for sinopia that keeps users in memory.
- sinopia-crowd: auth plugin for sinopia supporting atlassian crowd.
- sinopia-activedirectory: Active Directory authentication plugin for sinopia.
- sinopia-github-oauth: authentication plugin for sinopia2, supporting github oauth web flow.
- sinopia-delegated-auth: Sinopia authentication plugin that delegates authentication to another HTTP URL
- sinopia-altldap: Alternate LDAP Auth plugin for Sinopia
- sinopia-request: An easy and fully auth-plugin with configuration to use an external API.
- sinopia-htaccess-gpg-email: Generate password in htaccess format, encrypt with GPG and send via MailGun API to users.
- sinopia-mongodb: An easy and fully auth-plugin with configuration to use a mongodb database.
- sinopia-htpasswd: auth plugin for sinopia supporting htpasswd format.
- sinopia-leveldb: a leveldb backed auth plugin for sinopia private npm.
- sinopia-gitlabheres: Gitlab authentication plugin for sinopia.
- sinopia-gitlab: Gitlab authentication plugin for sinopia
- sinopia-ldap: LDAP auth plugin for sinopia.
- sinopia-github-oauth-env Sinopia authentication plugin with github oauth web flow.
All sinopia plugins should be compatible with all future verdaccio versions. Anyhow, we encourage contributors to migrate them to the modern verdaccio API and using the prefix as verdaccio-xx-name.